Christian A. Gernez G.
Villa Lucre, Calle Circumvalación, #66, Panamá, Rep.of Panamá
Phone: (507) 6562-9840 ∙ Email: email@example.com
Naturalist and Interpretive Guide
Co-founder and CEO – Sendero Panama S.A.
Originated and manage an eco-tourism enterprise with the mission of educating individuals through personal experience about the importance of protecting the ecology of this planet, supporting endeavors that promote ecological responsibility, providing top notch customer service, and creating an excellent and memorable experience for guests.
11/04 – 08/09
Naturalist and Interpretive Guide – Ancon Expeditions of Panama (AEP)
1. Services as a naturalist and interpretive guide for AEP day tours and short and long term programs in all areas of the Republic of Panama. Panama Canal, Darien, San Blas, Bocas del Toro, Chiriqui, Coiba, Colon, etc.
2. Services as naturalist and interpretive guide for International tour operators in Panama, including Thomson Family Adventures, REI Adventures, Natural Habitat, Latin American Journeys, Bales Worldwide, Country Walkers, Wildland Adventures, Worldwide Country Tours.
3. Services as naturalist and interpretive guide on board expedition ships for Lindblad/National Geographic and Tauck tours.
4. Services as Expedition Leader on board Discovery for Panama Marine Adventures.
5. Services as Expedition Leader for AEP on Camino Real Trek.
05/04 – 11/04
Hotel Manager - Ancon Expeditions of Panama (AEP) - Bocas Inn Lodge, Bocas del Toro, Panama.
1. Established protocols to standardize operations, maximizing efficiency and utilization of resources and minimizing waste.
2. Supervised maintenance and housekeeping procedures, recommending upgrades in products and services when necessary.
3. Supervised operation processes ensuring maintenance of company quality standards.
4. Prepared monthly production and staff plans.
5. Developed tours and products for AEP in Bocas del Toro archipelago.
6. Organized and managed sales and marketing of lodging services and tours for AEP in Bocas del Toro archipelago.
7. Served as naturalist and interpretive guide for clients of AEP.
8. Evaluated performance of staff, recommending promotions, additional training and/or termination.
9. Established and trained employees in safety procedures and made sure these procedures were enforced.
Free Lance Naturalist Guide
Services of guiding day tours and long programs for local tour operators including, Panama Star Tours, Conozca Panama Primero, Experience Panama, and Ancon Expeditions of Panama.
Education & Certifications:
National Association for Interpreters – Certified Interpretive Guide
Emergency Care and Safety Institution - CPR and Wilderness First Aid Certifications
California State University Ocean Studies Institute - Research & Technical Diving Certification
Ancon Expeditions of Panama – Botany, Avifauna, Mangrove and Reef Ecology Workshops
University of Florida – School of Architecture